Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Prequel

It was a great day today getting to take a breather from the rigors of school and connect with the guys in my house, marked particularly by a "shirts" vs. "skins" 2-on-2 soccer match in our living room...with nothing breaking, miraculously.

Cold settled in and a turn of events led to me getting to drive with Sam back to his parents' place in Brookfield.  After first greetings, we had a great time heading out for dinner, then came back to their house for a house tour.  After some quality reminiscing in Sam's room, with tales past sports and arts experience from Sam and his dad, we proceeded to the basement lastly, where an epic Crossfire showdown lasting 17+ minutes! (classic!  See below) ensued.  Two grown men showing down in one of the finest mano y mano games ever made, for sure in our childhoods anyway...priceless.  (Thanks to Sam's parents for a warm welcome on this Thanksgiving eve; great to chat about life and professional/career pursuits as well.)

Coming home, I enjoyed some great time connecting with Nate, back in Minnesota, over the phone, then briefly with Dad and my friend Alex.  About to fall asleep, I thought, around midnight, the night took an unexpected turn when I got to chat over webcam with beautiful younger sister, Michelle, and friend Ify, just up until Eric and Kyle came home from a concert in Chicago...given our freedom in schedules, we got to spend some valuable time sharing a "pillow chat", of sorts, on topics ranging from Biblical consumption patterns, global/diversity exposure, economic upbringing, and other themes...ah, including planning ahead and prioritizing in the sense of, "I better get this done, so I can do this."  Which leads me to my, "Goodnight!"

No comments: