Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trust...Because He Deserves It

I spent much of today relaxing at home, listening to some Jason Upton for some part of it. I had been reminded of how some times I had had with Jesus in the past were really inspired by some lyrics or words from Jason Upton.

I still can't find where I found the song or song clip on his site, but during my browsing of the tunes, came upon one that really stuck with me (among many, really). The one line was "[I] trust You, because you deserve my trust." Even now, I get that sense I had in the moment of hearing the song earlier today and reflecting upon it. How true is that statement! I trust Him because He deserves my trust. I thought back to the more recent time in my life when I saw His hand so unmistakably, that being in a five-month stint in Mexico. He's already proven Himself. Over and over again, He's proven Himself. I trust Him because He deserves my trust. I almost sang it wrong in my mind, when shortly afterwards I was shoveling the slush-covered cement walkway. And I thought, "No, it's 'I trust in Him because He deserves my trust' not praise'" (although both are certainly true).

Trust in Jesus, because He deserves your trust.

No comments: