Tuesday, April 25, 2006

God = Miracles

So I went to visit my friend, Ray, in the hospital today. He had been in a severe car accident late last night and police thought they would find him dead after being hit twice and dragged beneath a vehicle. (I know, I felt sick to my stomach too.) But, I was only further convinced that God is amazing and works miracles when I not just heard he was ok, but got to see him...laughing and joking along with his friends and family just hours (ok, like 18 hours) after this would-be critical accident. Not a broken bone. Not a lost limb. Face scraped and bloodied in small spots, but over all looking quite good. This guy had survived a horrific accident, by the miraculous hand of God, and was laughing about it with friends the next day. I didn't confirm this, but a friend told me the first thing he asked, upon waking in the hospital was, "[Doctor] do I have any sweet scars?" LOL! Well, he does in fact have a few scars, and it will be a be a bit before he's totally well, but who else is there to thank but the God of Heaven and earth, the same God who shaped Ray in his mother's womb, for holding him in His hands in the air and under that car. "Thanks, Jesus, for once again showing how real you are today."

No comments: